Sunday 7 October 2012

Evaluation

Evaluation


This was short exercise to help us understand continuity in a film; we had to work in groups to make a short continuity film. I worked with Chanel Medi and Hardeep Pansera, I joined the group late so I missed the pre-production section but caught up and helped with the production side a lot.


We broke the 180 degree rule as I walked from left to right but when I sat down I was right side and Hardeep was on the left which confuses the audience because we swapped sides all of a sudden. So to prevent us from re filming because I had little time left, I added a shot of a clock to show that I was late for school.


Shot reverse shot allows us to show the reaction of two different people whilst they are having a conversation. We used shot reverse shot when I reveal to her friend she is pregnant to create more tension, it also allowed us to show someone’s face whilst they were talking. 

We used the rule of thirds; this is when the audience keep their eyes on the horizontal line. The rule of thirds allows you to create more visually interesting images, because it interacts the audience’s brain. Makes the shot more interesting for the audience because there’s so much space on one side of the shot.



Match on action shot is me walking to the door then opening it from the outside but then me opening the door from the inside the last place you saw me on the outside. Someone opening the door from two different view however when I opened from the outside I had to remember where I stop because I had to open it when filming inside at the same point. This is because we want the audience to think it was filmed at the same time with two different cameras (flow). 

When filming our shots we didn't really face any big problems however I did find it hard getting the match on action shot perfect. Also I felt that I didn't have enough time to film scene that I fought off after Chanels and Hardeeps scene because I entered the group late. If I was to film again I would have helped film the scenes more and also watched the film after we filmed it before moving on. We didn't watch what we filmed after filming it, so we were unaware if it was a good shot or not. 

During in post production I realized that my work didn't flow as I thought it should have and I also realized that we broke the 180 degree rule. I had to use the new I movie which was a challenge as I only knew how to work the old one. I also found that cutting shots together to get them perfect eg match on action was harder because they had to perfect for it to look real to the audience. 

My strengths of creativity were that the situation we applied can be applied to real life. An audience of young girls can relate to the story line as young pregnancy is a problem for our generation. I also think that I used I movie well as it was the new version which I never used before. I also learnt how to use different features of I movie as well as the Mac by exporting my movie to YouTube. When Editing I felt that I made the transitions of shot flow more after a while and I believe that the pace of my film was steady the hole way though, the speed didn't slow down or speed up at any time. Using the camera new camera was also strength as I haven't used that camera to film anything like this before, it challenged me which was a good experience to learn. Strength of the planning was the location and actress’s because the location was right if the main character was a young girl still in school also we had two young actors to make it more real.

The weakness of our creativity was that it was a hard subject to work within a short time because it was a serious subject. A weakness of my planning and research was that I didn't really have an input in the planning or research because I joined late. This affected my work because I didn't understand what was happening. I felt with post production my weakness was time, I felt I don’t give myself enough time to edit and the flow of my film was a little of at some parts. I didn't know how to add music to my work which was the weakness of the digital technology. My overall weakness of the project was time as I lacked time in post production as well as film because I had to re film some scenes.

Overall I think we could have improved on the shots, they could have flowed better together. As well as allowing time to re film as after post production we all released that we had to re film. If I re did the project I would definitely be involved in the pre production so I know what shots we need to make the work flow and have a better pace. I would use sound more in my work, I felt I lacked sound in my work because I didn't know how to use sound in I Movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment